Please refer to the following for updated information about virtual learning for the 2nd semester:
The second semester begins January 11, 2021. Virtual instruction will change at the end of the 1st semester and will be delivered using a different method for the 2nd semester. Here is information regarding changes for the 2nd semester:
- All instruction will be completely online using the following programs:
Lincoln Learning (5th grade) and Apex Learning (6th-8th grades)
- The instruction and learning activities will be built into the program being used, and Google Classroom will not be used for virtual students.
- Students will be given usernames/passwords for the programs to access their virtual learning.
- Teachers will not be assigning instruction and activities for students, and all questions regarding virtual education will be directed to Mrs. Treva Rice.
- Internet access is required every day.
- Both programs keep track of when students log-in and how much time is spent on each activity.
- Students who are not logging in and completing their work daily will be counted absent.
- Students will need to check their school email at least once a day.
- 5th grade parents can access more information about Lincoln Learning by visiting the following website: https://www.apsrc.net/online-learning/
- 6th-8th grade parents can access more information about Apex by visiting the following website: https://support.apexlearning.com/video/540
If you plan to have your students continue virtual learning for the 2nd semester, the school does not need to be contacted. If students are going to return to school, please let the CMS office know as soon as possible!